Saturday, July 27, 2013

one for old times sake





Growing up, one of the most-looked-forward-to things on the banana leaf on a festive day were phodis'

Those of you who are fans like me, here's where I need your help.

What I know of the recipe from seeing them being made (the photos you see are more than a decade old, taken from my first camera on a Ganesh Chaturthi day) is as follows:

There's sliced vegetables  - several of them (let me know which ones were your favourite - breadfruit was one of mine) Which are marinated in tamrind water, hing (asafoetida) salt & red chilli powder. Next: just before frying they're dusted with rice flour.

Having these at every festival meal at home was something that I looked forward to.

Can you help me with the proportions in the recipe?

0 comments: